JAVA Konang Springs Argopuro Anaerobic Natural Process
JAVA KONANG SPRINGS ANAEROBIC NATURAL
Tastes of clove, bourbon, cedar, spices, red currant
Argopuro region, East java. Natural process with 7 day anaerobic fermentation, dried on raised beds. Pokmas Walida Cooperative, Farmed by Pak Muhlisin.
Java has been growing coffee from the start. The region has become so synonymous with coffee, that we might call coffee in general "Java" as a form of shorthand. Most coffee from the region is "wet hulled" at a higher than normal moisture level, which results in herbaceous, mossy, dark chocolate, full bodied musty tones (think your classic sumatra coffee).
The processing and flavor profile of Java Konang Springs Anaerobic Natural is vastly different, resulting in an intense, clean, clear, and deep flavor. Buckle up and get ready, because this coffee will make you take notice.
Konang Springs Anaerobic Natural Argopuro region East Java Processing Method:
1. Red cherries are picked, sorted by flotation, then cleaned/washed.
2. Cherries are fermented in sealed drums at a constant temperature for 7 days.
3. Cherries are dried on raised beds for 15-16 days.
4. Cherries are dried on patios for another 8-10 days to reach ideal moisture content.
5. The dried coffee is stored in its natural state in dried cherry pods.
6. Coffee is dry hulled before shipment, and hand sorted by locals, packaged and shipped.
You may notice some lighter beans in this coffee, they are a result of some beans consuming more sugars during fermentation.